Celebrating the day of love and life-long commitment is one of the greatest treasures for a couple. But as we all know, the best part for any party is the after-party. Following months of wedding preparations, you’ll finally get to enjoy your first days as a couple. Sure, planning your wedding can be overwhelming. But let’s face it, choosing the right honeymoon destination is what seals the deal.
Taking the First Steps
Hiring a professional travel coordinator is one way to avoid getting stressed out on your honeymoon. However, it is also understandable why some couples prefer taking the majority of the responsibilities. Maybe you’re on a tight budget, or perhaps you enjoy being hands-on. In any case, it is possible to achieve the romantic trip of a lifetime with these escapade tips.
Figure Out Your Budget
Before planning your dream destination, it’s essential to see things from a realistic perspective. The secret of a stress-free honeymoon is coming up with a plan that sticks to your ideal budget. That means not worrying about keeping up with your expenses during your trip.
Find the Right Destination
When it comes to choosing a honeymoon destination, every couple is different. Some want a 7-day relaxing beach getaway while others prefer action-packed hiking adventure. Given these factors, the best destination is what suits your preferences. We recommend finding ideas by focusing on what you want as a couple. If it helps, you can start by making a list of all activities you want to do.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget about timing. When planning your trip, consider the weather in your dream destination. Seasons change for different times of the year. Don’t let that spoil your trip!
Plan Your Itinerary
If you choose to plan for yourselves, a honeymoon itinerary could help you stay on track. Perhaps one concern that many couples face during their trip is allotting too much for a single day. We understand that you want to get the most out of your vacation. However, covering too many activities after the other might turn out to be exhausting. That’s not what anyone would want on their honeymoon.
Pro Tip: Instead of focusing on the number of activities and sights to see, why not add some “lovers’ time” to your schedule? Besides, that’s the point of a honeymoon getaway. It wouldn’t hurt to reserve some time for each other and enjoy your time together.
Preparing for the Trip
Now that you’ve got your honeymoon plans up your sleeve, it’s time to start with the actual preparations. Here are things you should do before going on any trip:
Pack Your Bags
Gearing up with the right items can make or break your trip. Below honeymoon packing includes everything from must-haves to romantic extras.
Essentials. Complete your carry-on with the necessary items you’ll need for your trip. These include the following:
- Identification cards including passport or driver’s license
- Credit cards and cash for expenses
- Travel documents
- Basic toiletries
- Medications and portable first-aid kit
Romantic Extras. Make your trip more memorable by tossing in special items for your partner. Your secrets for a steamy night must include the following:
- Honeymoon Playlist. Imagine a night where you and your partner listening to music you both love. Preparing your honeymoon playlist will surely bring the mood for a lovers’ night.
- Lingerie. Of course, setting the mood depends on your confidence. Be sure to pack special lingerie so you’ll look good and feel good at the most romantic time of your lives.
- Contraceptives. We all know what else happens on a honeymoon. As you vow to become Mr. and Mrs., engaging in a sexual interaction comes naturally. Some couples may not want to get pregnant on their initial days of marriage. If you wish to avoid unwanted or unplanned pregnancy, don’t forget to bring contraceptives, such as birth control pills or condoms. You can also consider safe abortion as an option, especially if unplanned pregnancy poses danger to your life.
Confirm Your Reservations
Make sure to confirm your reservations a week before your actual arrival at your destination. Doing so will assure both parties that everything will go smoothly as planned. This tip applies to accommodations, dinner reservations, and everything else you planned for your trip.
Have the Most Wonderful Time of Your Lives
With all the romantic destinations, arranging a honeymoon may be a stressful and daunting effort to handle. However, it all boils down to how you face these steps as a couple. Remember, your honeymoon commemorates the start of your new life together. What matters most is that you both enjoy, have fun, and connect on a deeper level.